Campsite near Rodez
Discover Rodez from the campsite
During your holidays in Aveyron, you must absolutely visit the capital of the department: Rodez.
This old town is about 90 kilometres from the campsite and it will take you 1 hour and 20 minutes to get there.
To get there, you will have to take the A75 motorway South-North axis to the Séverac-le-Château exit, then you will take the RN88 to Rodez.
It is part of the Grands Sites de Midi-Pyrénées and holds the label Pays d’Art et d’Histoire.
You will particularly appreciate its ancient historical center and the numerous monuments that it shelters.
Ideal campsite to visit Rodez
The access to Rodez from the campsite is very easy and it is a town to visit absolutely !
Rodez is a good number of treasures to explore during your holidays at the camping les 2 Vallées in Nant.
It combines perfectly tradition and modernity with beautiful old streets, winding alleys in its public garden, an ultramodern museum and a majestic pink sandstone cathedral.
You will undoubtedly fall under the hushed charm of the small squares of its historic heart or the inns of the Aveyron, converted into leisure areas for young and old.
It is a cultural city par excellence !
Practical information about Rodez
Rodez is the prefecture and the largest city of Aveyron.
It has a outstanding heritage and allows to multiple activities and animations summer like golf, horse riding or swimming pool.
So you are sure not to get bored!
We advise you to discover the city through the circuit that has been created in the historical center in order to tell you its history. The starting point is at the Tourist Office, place de la Cité and a map will be made available to you in order to make you discover the cathedral, the bishopric, the house of Armagnac and much more …
Things to see / Things to do in Rodez
Just for you, here are our ideas for visits to Rodez:
- Notre-Dame de l’Assomption Cathedral and its bishopric: magnificent Gothic religious building with bell tower
- The Soulages museum: large collection of works by the famous French painter Pierre Soulages
- The Fenailles museum: beautiful exhibition of Roman statue-menhirs and mosaics
- The Denys-Puech Museum : ancient museum of local art and sculpture
- Maison d’Armagnac : very beautiful mansion
- Estivada : festival of occitan cultures which takes place every year on the last week of July
- Visit the historic center and its ancient alleys
After all these discoveries, Rodez will have no more secrets for you !